ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor Practitioner Qualification
ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor Practitioner QualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 6 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
Whether you’re an internal or second-party auditor, this first step is designed for anyone involved in defining, planning, auditing, implementing or managing a service management system (SMS) based on the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 standard. The training you will receive is delivered by expert BSI trainers who will teach you to identify opportunities to maximize the productivity of an organization’s services through operating an SMS.
By understanding the key requirements of an SMS, you will add value to your organization and its customers, and help to improve services so they deliver value for customers and the organization. Covering everything from the key terms and concepts of the ISO/IEC 20000 series to communicating the benefits to the wider organization, you’ll complete the qualification with greater confidence and the ability to apply the standards to existing processes.
How will you benefit?
- Confidently explain the background, purpose, and benefits of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Understand the ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification process and how it can demonstrate your commitment to service management
- Gain an internally recognized BSI Mark of Trust
- Have your knowledge formally recognized and gain the ability to apply your skills within your organization
- Continue your career progression and development within your role, and unlock the path to more qualifications
- Engage with a global community of fellow qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will I achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Requirements (1 Day classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Understand what an SMS is, why it is important and its benefits
- Explain the background of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and its intended outcome
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Define the key concepts and structure of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Identify the main requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Recognize the route to certification
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Lead Auditor (5 days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Understand the purpose of a SMS, the audit process and first, second and third-party certification
- Describe the benefits of an ISO/IEC 20000-1 Service Management System (SMS)
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a SMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021
- Learn to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of a SMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO/IEC 20000-1, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
Anyone who needs to audit an organization’s service management system.
Delegates are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
- The concepts of managing service quality and reliability throughout the service lifecycle, i.e. design transition, delivery and improvement of the services
- Compliance with legal requirements and regulatory requirements
- The relationship between service management and the provision of reliable and resilient services, and the proactive improvement of service performance
- Common examples of relevant national and local legislation and requirements
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and the commonly used service management terms and definitions, as given in ISO/IEC 20000-1, which may be gained by completing our ISO/IEC 20000-1 Requirements training course, or equivalent.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.