ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor Practitioner Qualification
ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor Practitioner QualificationLevel Practitioner Duration 3 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote BSI Qualifications Guide
Download the qualifications guide (PDF) for more information.
If you need to do an ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Service Management System (SMS) audit, this qualification will give you the skills you need. Designed for first-party or internal auditors, coordinators and even second-party auditors, this first step on your qualifications journey will give you the ability to explain auditing guidelines, integrate SMS audits with other systems and apply your new skills in a real audit situation.
You’ll learn how to support your organization through the operation of an effective SMS in line with ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018, and gain the practical skills you need to apply the requirements of the standard in the context of an audit.
How will you benefit?
- Gain a full understanding of how to monitor the effectiveness of your organization’s SMS
- Discover how you add value to internal auditing process and support the delivery of high-quality auditing services
- Understand how the ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 integrates with other management systems (including the ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001)
- Gain formal recognition of your knowledge and the ability to apply your skills within your organization
- Continue your career progression and development within your role
- Enter a global community qualified professionals to share experiences and practical advice to use in your everyday life
Which qualification will I achieve?
On successful completion of your qualification, you’ll receive a BSI Mark of Trust that can be shared across within your organization and across your network of contacts.
ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor Practitioner qualification includes:
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Requirements (1 Day classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Understand what an SMS is, why it is important and its benefits
- Explain the background of ISO/IEC 20000-1 and its intended outcome
- Recall the terms and definitions used
- Define the key concepts and structure of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Identify the main requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Recognize the route to certification
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Internal Auditor (2 Days classroom – in-person or virtual)
- Understand guidelines for management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- Learn to apply 19011 guidelines to auditing ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Understand how to integrate SMS audits with those for other management systems
- Apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 in the context of an audit
- Understand how to initiate, complete, and follow up an audit
- Learn to prepare and conduct audit activities
- Identify audit findings
- Prepare and distribute an audit report
Each module is followed by a mandatory online multiple-choice examination. Delegates must pass the examination to be awarded the qualification.
The course is aimed at anyone involved in auditing, maintaining or supervising an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1.
First-party/internal auditors, those coordinating internal audit activities or personnel who are interested in monitoring the effectiveness of their organization’s service management system (SMS) will find this course of particular value.
Second-party auditors will also find this course helpful as will existing internal auditors who wish to refresh their skills.
You should already have a good knowledge of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 and the key principles of an SMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 Requirements course.
After completing your Practitioner level qualification, why not undertake the next step and become an ISO/IEC 20000 Internal Auditor Professional qualification holder. Professional level takes you beyond conformity audits and develops your ability to audit improvement initiatives.
The focus of this advanced qualification is to expand upon process improvement approaches that can help strengthen and improve your organization’s quality management system.
The final step on the Auditor qualification pathway provides the opportunity to get your Professional Auditor qualification certified. Demonstrating that you have applied everything that you have learned in practice and in your work.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.