Introduction to Risk Assessment On-demand eLearning
Introduction to Risk Assessment On-demand eLearningLevel Understanding Duration 2 hours Available to book: On-demand elearning £185 + VAT Book now
The course is aligned to support implementation of ISO 45001, occupational health and safety management but can be used by any professional interested in emergency planning, business continuity and investigation techniques. Hazards exist in every workplace, just as they do in everyday life. Assessing the risk of hazards causing injury or ill-health in the workplace is fundamental to occupational health and safety management.
This course defines hazard, risk, and explains criteria and methodologies for the key risk assessment steps of identification and analysis. Whilst it does not cover legal requirements in relation to risk assessment, it is important to be aware that many countries will have specific legislation in relation to risk assessment that you will need to be aware of and comply with.
eLearning - training that’s even more flexible
You can study in your own time when it suits you, and you can access the course from any internet-enabled device 24/7.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
• Understand how to identify risks and assess them using tools and methodologies
• Utilize a selection of tools and methodologies used in risk assessment
• Correctly identify the key actions that should be taken after a risk assessment exercise has been completed.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Define the steps involved in conducting a risk assessment.
- Explain the complexities inherent in assessing risks associated with human error.
- Describe a selection of tools and methodologies used in risk assessment.
- Describe some key considerations to take into account when evaluating risks.
- Explain the complexities inherent in assessing risks associated with human failure.
- Describe risk treatment, and the significance of the hierarchy of controls.
- Advise on the key actions that should be taken after a risk assessment exercise has been completed.
- Anyone involved in the ISO 45001 implementation
- ISO 45001 internal and lead auditors
- Anyone involved in health and safety risk management
- Anyone involved in emergency planning or business continuity / resilience within an organization
- Health and Safety representatives and Trade Union representatives
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.