IoT Use Cases and Fundamentals Training Course
IoT Use Cases and Fundamentals Training CourseLevel Specialist Duration 2 days Available to book: In-house Request a quote Available to book: On-demand elearning £325 + VAT Find out more
With 20.4 billion devices expected to be connected by 2020, concerns over interoperability and security continue to increase, as well as the need for organizations to understand the impacts of IoT technology.
This course is to help non-information security professionals identify potential use cases and understand the fundamentals of IoT devices and how they can support technological transformation in the workplace.
By attending, you will learn the basics behind how IoT products work, and their role in the global technology landscape. You'll also explore cybersecurity risks and how they can be overcome to improve information security in your workplace.
Through examining a range of IoT use cases, you will also identify potential use cases within your own organization and begin to build a roadmap for IoT products within your digital transformation plan.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Explain the basics behind how IoT products work
- Explain the IoT global landscape, trends, and new innovations
- Describe the cybersecurity risks associated with IoT devices
- Identify controls to improve the security of IoT devices
- Identify potential use cases for IoT in your workplace and sector
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Have an understanding of the definition of IoT
- Identify the different elements present at the IoT framework
- Recognize the technologies which take part in the IoT world
- Depict the main cybersecurity implications on IoT
- Highlight the importance of interoperability in IoT
- Introduce the potential implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on IoT
Those who are not Information Security professionals who are looking for how to optimize the use of IoT in their organization and identify potential use cases to enhance the delivery of new or existing products or services.
Prerequisites: Basic IT knowledge required, including an understanding of basic communication protocols.
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.