ICS Practitioners Security
ICS Practitioners SecurityLevel Implementation Duration 2 days Available to book: Virtual instructor led training £1250 View dates and book now
The NCSC Certified Training, ICS Practitioners Security Course, which has also been accredited as CIISec Accredited Training, has been designed to provide practitioners with an understanding of the cyber security challenges facing their environments. This knowledge is vital when managing the day to day running of all aspects of security risk for those environments.
The course will show how to protect Industrial Control environments and best identify and support their organisations’ cybersecurity and risk mitigation/reduction strategies for their ICS environments.
Part 1: Background (what is an ICS, what are the threats and vulnerabilities):
- ICS description and terminology
- ICS Vs IT. Differences and similarities
- Threats to ICS
- ICS vulnerabilities
- Known ICS security incidents
Part 2: Securing ICS (what can be done to secure an ICS):
- Secure architecture and design
- Securing existing and legacy systems
- Security risk management
- Operational security
- Vendor management
- Building security into procurement processes
Part 3: Security Incident Management (what to do when the worst happens and roles and responsibilities):
- Security incident identification
- Security incident response
- Security incident recovery
- Planning and preparation
Part 4: Cyber Incident Exercise
- Cyber interactive exercise
By the end of the course, you will be familiar with:
- How to identify what current and emerging threats your ICS environments face
- Where your ICS environments may be vulnerable
- What actions you need to take to secure those environments and help reduce the risk
- How to prepare for and handle a cyber security incident in those environments
If you are a Practitioner involved with ICS procurement/implementation/audit/maintenance
or part of an ICS environment supply chain and/or people who need full awareness of the
security risks to these environments, including:
- Site/Asset User or Operator
- Site/Asset IT/ICS Support engineer
- Site/Asset Physical security/Facilities Management professional
...then this course is for you.
It provides the attendee with the knowledge to fully understand the security risks facing your ICS environments including the Supply Chain. In addition, it discusses how to forward plan to help mitigate and reduce these risks, as well as identifying and responding to a cyber incident.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no laptop is required. A handbook of supporting material is provided. Attendees can earn 12 CPE credits
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.