Fundamentals of the Standards Landscape Training Course
Fundamentals of the Standards Landscape Training CourseLevel Internal auditor Available to book: Virtual instructor led training Request a quote
Do you want to know how standards are made? Have you ever wondered how International Organization for Standardization (ISO), The British Standards Institution (BSI), and the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) work together to create standards?
This one-day training course walks you through how standards are made in the international landscape, starting with how the IAF works and its role in the international standards community.
The course explores the role and function of national standards bodies, accreditation bodies, certification bodies, national standards regulators, and professional bodies and how their work impacts how you audit, implement, or teach the subject of standards making.
How will you benefit?
By the end of this training course, learners will be able to:
- Outline the opportunities for using standards within your organization
- Explain the role and function of the IAF
- Explain the role and function of ISO
- Explain the role and function of accreditation bodies
- Explain the role and function of certification bodies
- Explain the role and structure of a national standards body
- Explain the role and structure of a professional body
- For those who want to understand the relationships between the key standards making bodies, how standards are made, how professional competency is managed and the implications for certified organizations
- Auditors, consultants, or those with an interest in understanding the standards landscape around system certification schemes
- Detailed course notes
- Globally recognized BSI certificate of attendance, upgraded to a certificate of competence upon successful completion of the post-course assessment
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.