Clinical Evaluation for Medical Devices
Clinical Evaluation for Medical DevicesLevel Specialist Duration 1 day Available to book: Instructor led training £1305 + VAT Book your place
This one-day course offers a robust overview of the clinical evaluation process for medical devices against the medical device regulation (MDR - EU 2017/745), MEDDEV 2.7/1 revision 4 and relevant MDCG guidance documents.
Designed for clinical professionals with a base understanding of general safety and performance requirements, this training teaches you how to explain the key principles of clinical evaluation. During this stage of your learning journey, you will gain skills to determine when your device requires clinical investigation and you will leave with a full grasp of the clinical evaluation process.
How will I benefit?
- Fully grasp clinical evaluation requirements in line with the Medical Device Regulation (MDR - EU 2017/745), MEDDEV 2.7/1 revision 4 and relevant MDCG guidance documents
- Able to explain key requirements and expectations of medical device clinical evaluation to your organization
- Apply the clinical evaluation process for medical devices within your organization
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify the key requirements for clinical evaluation according to the MDR, MEDDEV 2.7/1 Revision 4 and relevant MDCG guidance documents
- Explain the principles of clinical evaluation
- Outline the stages of the clinical evaluation process and documentation requirements
- Define how clinical evaluation is performed, including details on clinical evaluation plans (CEP), demonstration of equivalence, identification and appraisal of data and analysis of clinical data
- Determine when a clinical investigation is needed for your device
- Explain the post-market clinical follow-up (PMCF) requirements
- Define the requirements of a clinical evaluation report (CER)
Clinical and Regulatory Affairs Professionals, Medical Device R&D Engineers and Scientists.
Familiarity with your own device, clinical safety and performance issues.
- General Safety and Performance Requirements (Annex I), Clinical Evaluation and investigations (Annex XIV and XV) of the MDR - EU 2017/745
- MEDDEV 2.7.1 Revision 4 and relevant MDCG guidance documents
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.