Allergen Awareness On-demand eLearning
Allergen Awareness On-demand eLearningLevel Understanding Duration 2 hours Available to book: On-demand elearning £385 + VAT Book now
This on-demand introductory course covers the causes of allergic reactions to food, symptoms of allergic reactions and the mechanisms for controlling allergens in food production.
Allergens in food can be life-threatening, with an estimated 1-2% of adults and 5-8% of children thought to be affected by a food allergic reaction. It is essential for all staff working in food manufacture, retail, distribution, or hospitality to have an understanding of the cause of allergic reactions, the symptoms, and ways that allergens can be controlled in the food business.
How will you benefit?
- Access your training at a time and location convenient to you
- Interactive learning through activities and quizzes
- On successful completion of the assessment, download your digital certificate immediately
At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain why allergens are a major concern
- Define the cause of allergic reactions
- Describe symptoms of allergic reactions and food intolerances
- Identify the foods most likely to cause allergenic reactions
- Describe the mechanisms used to control allergenic ingredients in a food facility
- Explain how to test for allergens in a food facility
This course is ideal for food production staff and their supervisors who need to gain an awareness of allergens. It is also suitable for staff in food companies whose roles and decisions affect food safety, such as procurement, logistics and operations teams, senior management, and HR.
- Job roles could include:
- Production and operations
- Purchasing and supply
- Senior management (non-food)
- Office and HR teams
- This is an online, interactive eLearning course
- You’ll have access to the course for 12 months
Upon successful completion of an exam, you will be awarded with a certificate of achievement
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.