Aerospace Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) training course
Aerospace Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) training courseLevel Specialist Duration 1 day Available to book: In-house Request a quote
Learn about the methods used to assess the quality of a measurement system, and to understand the sources of variation present and the impact on the measurement result.
This one-day course provides an overview of the generic aerospace methodology for measurement systems analysis, as defined in AS13003. It also details the typical methods used to evaluate both variable and attribute measurement systems.
How will you benefit?
This course will help you:
- Recognize the different types of statistical methods used to evaluate performance and capability, using both variable and attribute data
- Define the difference between capability and performance
- Explain how to conduct an initial process study for variable data
- Interpret the process for the selection of control charts
Delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Identify the correct measurement systems analysis tool to use when evaluating measurement systems
- Recognize whether a measurement system is acceptable for its intended use
- Define the different sources of variation present in a measurement system
- Identify stability, bias, linearity, repeatability and reproducibility
Delegates will have the skills to:
- Analyse both variable and attribute gages
- Manage stability studies, bias studies and linearity studies
- Conduct repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R) studies on variable measurement systems
- Plan and conduct measurement systems studies on attribute measurement systems using risk analysis methods
Anyone involved in verifying new manufacturing processes using AS9145 APQP and PPAP, AS9102 First Article, AS13004 PFMEA and Control Plans, AS13003 MSA and ongoing process control and process improvement.
You should be able to demonstrate the following minimum competencies prior to attending the course:
- Applicable ISO 9001 and the AS/EN/JISQ 91xx series requirements related to the scope of your audit
- Detailed course notes
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
Let's shape your organization's future together
Reach out and see how we can help guide you on your path to sustainable operational success.