Recorded: 28 June 2022 (12.30 – 14.30 UK time)
What’s this built environment competence standards (BECS) webinar about?
With the Built Environment Competence Standards (BECS) programme progressing, this session will provide updates on:
- Regulatory drivers, including the Building Safety Bill and regulations
- The role and activities of the new Building Safety Regulator
- The publication of three new PAS documents
- The new BSI technical Committee CPB/1 and its future work programme
Who should attend the built environment competence standards (BECS) webinar?
The whole built environment sector involved in the design, build and management of residential buildings, with particular reference to high-risk buildings. It is also relevant to residents of these buildings.
What will participants gain from this built environment competence standards (BECS) event?
- The latest first-hand information on the new Building Safety Bill and Regulator
- Clarity on the Competence work programme and roll-out of new standards
- Advance notice of planned future Competence standards in the UK
- The chance to put questions to our experts
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the webinar
Introduction to the event – Clare Price (Sector Lead – Built Environment, British Standards Institution)
Welcome and opening remarks – Scott Steedman (Executive Director, BSI Group and Director of Standards)
Update on the Building Safety Act and regulations – Kara Kashemsanta (Policy lead: Industry Competence, Building Safety Programme, Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities)
BSR developments – Andrew Moore (Industry Competence Lead, Building Safety Programme, Health & Safety Executive)
PAS 8671 – Adrian Dobson (Executive Director Professional Knowledge and Standards, the Royal Institute of British Architects)
PAS 8672 – Peter Dawber (CEO, Solvere Ltd)
PAS 8673 – Anthony Taylor (professional Governance, Risk & Compliance Consultant)
CPB/1 and future plans for BSI competence standards – Anna Fricker (Lead Standards Development Manager, BSI)
Close - Scott (Executive Director, BSI Group and Director of Standards)