Recorded: Thursday 14 July 2022
Timing: 10:00-11:30 (BST)
This webinar celebrates the one-year publication of BS 8632:2021 Natural Capital Accounting for Organizations. Specification.
Hear from Transport for London (TfL), Northumbrian Water, and Olam Food Ingredients (OFI) as they discuss how the Natural Capital Accounting standard was applied to their business. This webinar will explore both national applications of the Natural Capital Accounting standard, as well as international case studies. We will discover how these organizations ran their Natural Capital Account, the advantages and challenges of applying the standard, and what they learned along the way.
Join us to get a deeper understanding of how BS 8632 can be applied effectively in your business today.
Who is this webinar for?
This standard applies to organizations of all types and sectors, of any size. This webinar is for those who are already using the standard, and those who are considering using it and are curious to learn how to apply the standard in their business.
People with a particular interest in this webinar would include those in finance; management accounting; auditing; investors and investment management; strategic planning and risk management; sustainability; and environmental management teams of an organization.
There will also be a live Q&A at the end of the webinar, where you can ask your questions to the experts who developed the standard. Share them in advance as you register or submit them during the event.
What will participants gain?
- Increased knowledge and clarity on BS 8632 and how your businesses can apply the standard
- Expert insights and real-life case studies on how natural capital accounts can be interpreted for strategic, operational and investment decisions
- The opportunity to ask questions of our natural capital accounting experts
- A post-webinar copy of the recording of the webinar
- Welcome and introduction - Speaker: Jasnam Channe - Lead Standards Development Manager, Environmental Sustainability, BSI
- What is BSI – Speaker: Jasnam Channe - Lead Standards Development Manager, Environmental Sustainability, BSI
- Background of BS 8632 – Speaker: Ece Ozdemiroglu - Founding Director, Economics for the Environment Consultancy (eftec)
- Case studies:
- TFL – Speaker: Monika Kiss - Environmental Manager, Transport for London
- Northumbrian water – Speaker: Miranda Cooper -Conservation & Land Manager (South), Northumbrian Water
- OFI – Speaker: Ria Bakshi - General Manager & Lead - Finance for Sustainability, OFI
- Open panel discussion
- The future of the standard – Speaker: Stephanie Hime - Director, Little Blue Research Ltd
- Q&A Session – all panellists
- Closing Remarks