Recorded: 14 July 2021 (14.00 - 16.00 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
The UK has set a target to ban sales of new combustion-engine vehicles by 2030, making way for a new era of cleaner zero-emission vehicles. The successful transition to a decarbonized transport system will depend on enabling the energy and charging infrastructure, supporting policies, and cross-sector collaborations that overcome barriers to uptake and market confidence.
This webinar explores the issues in creating the charging infrastructure for zero-emission vehicles by 2030 and looks at the broader role UK’s energy system needs to play to support the 2030 target. Delegates will hear from senior UK Government policy-makers, industry experts and local transport authorities on:
- The progress being made to realize a reliable infrastructure for zero-emission vehicles
- The steps taken to make our electricity system more flexible to support the mass take up of electric vehicles.
- The barriers to scaling-up regionally
- The latest thinking and advances in new enabling technologies
- On-going industry and government work to decarbonize road transport more generally
Who is this webinar for?
The webinar is of interest to: vehicle and battery manufacturers, EV and battery technology developers and innovators, low carbon products and infrastructure developers, energy suppliers and network managers, central and local government representatives, regulators, consumer and public interest groups, private and public investors.
What will you gain?
- More understanding of the infrastructure challenges to delivering on the 2030 target
- More visibility of the opportunities arising from the transition
- A current, first-hand view of the UK Government’s ambition and supporting policies and initiatives
14:00 - 14:05 Welcome and introductions - Sebastiaan Van Dort - Associate Director - Energy, British Standards Institution (BSI), Nick Fleming - Head of Transport and Mobility Standards, British Standards Institution (BSI)
14:05 - 14:15 BSI Overview - How will standards enable the move to zero-emission transport? - Nick Fleming - Head of Transport and Mobility Standards, British Standards Institution (BSI), Sebastiaan Van Dort - Associate Director - Energy, British Standards Institution (BSI)
14:15 - 14:30 Standards for Smart Charging - Dr Nina Klein - Senior Energy Engineer, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
14:30 - 14:45 Enabling consumer-centred EV infrastructure - Sophie Adams - Head Of Consumer Experience, Office for Zero Emission Vehicles, Department for Transport (DfT)
14:45 - 15:15 Transport for Greater Manchester and ARUP - Shaping sustainable zero emission transport - Jason Smith - Delivery Officer (Clean Air), Transport for Greater Manchester, Steve Pimlott - Advisory Services, Arup
15:15 - 15:30 Decarbonising HGVs, the road to Zero-Emission Road Freight Transport - Alan Nettleton - Senior Technologist, Connected Places Catapult
15:30 - 16:00 Round Table and Q&A session
16:00 End of the webinar
To learn much more about the UK’s transition to decarbonized road transport, please watch the webinar now.