Introduction to PAS 1883
Recorded: 10 September 2020 (10:30 – 12:00 UK Time)
What’s this webinar about?
- BSI published PAS 1883:2020 Operational Design Domain (ODD) taxonomy for an automated driving system (ADS) – Specification.
- This recording is an opportunity to learn about the PAS from the experts who wrote it.
- Participants will get different stakeholder perspectives on the need for common ODD for deploying CAVs at scale, and the benefits of defining attributes or capabilities consistently
- Speakers will discuss how ODD will play an important role in designing and deploying safe automated vehicles and ADS (Automated Driving Systems) on our roads
- Participants will find out about the BSI CAV programme and how the PAS series and vocabulary fit together to complement CAV development in the UK
- Participants will learn how the UK’s PAS 1883 will help inform the development of related international standards such as ISO 34503
What will participants gain?
Participants will learn a lot more about PAS 1883, and gain a better understanding of:
- Why it’s needed
- The key aspects of the document
- How it should be used
- Challenges faced and the benefits it brings
- BSI’s overall CAV programme and how the PASs in the series fit together
- How PAS 1883 is informing the development of related international standards