An informative webinar about the importance of standards for organizations involved in the manufacture of electrical products for use in infection control.
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly disrupted supply chains and transformed the manufacturing landscape. Many manufacturers are responding to this by adapting, pivoting and diversifying their output.
In the world of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) manufacturers who were not previously associated with PPE production, such as those previously making fashion garments or outdoor equipment, are now producing face visors and protective gowns to help protect frontline and essential workers.
The case is not dissimilar for manufacturers of electrical equipment. In the absence of a vaccine and to help address the need to keep people safe, some manufacturers of electrical equipment are changing their focus. Manufacturers of fire protection equipment are making products such as non-contact infrared thermographs used for fever screening in public areas, such as airports. And as we rebuild and need safer, more hygienic workplaces the demand for products using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) technology to inactivate microorganisms is also growing.
In the rush to respond to COVID-19, it is important to remember that safety comes first.
At this time of rapid transformation many new players are entering the market. Manufacturers, distributors, and users are actively seeking the assurance that products are safe, reliable and can be trusted.
As an established world leader in standards, testing and certification, BSI delivered this webinar to explain the critical role standards and market assurance can play in demonstrating a product is from a reliable and trusted source.
Hear our expert speaker, Holly Rossington, Electrical Certification Team Leader, to learn more about:
- Transformation in electrical equipment manufacturing in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The importance of the manufacturers defining the intended use of the product (in relation to MDD)
- The role of standards for electrical equipment, for low voltage equipment (LVE)
- The importance of safety and compliance for manufacturers
- Due diligence and how to mitigate risk when sourcing products for distributors/procurement professionals
- How BSI can help on the road to resilience