Date: 10 July 2023
Timing: 14.00 – 18.30 (BST)
Locations: The Jubilee Hotel & Conferences, Nottingham
What’s this event about?
Standards set out best practice in a very wide range of disciplines and subjects and as such are a powerful tool for helping businesses improve their competitiveness, resilience and societal contribution.
With that in mind this in-person event will use individual client case studies to illustrate how certain sustainability and digitization standards can be deployed to help your business accelerate change for the better. We’ll also look at how your organization can use standards to achieve long term health, safety and well-being.
Who should attend the event?
- Anyone that is looking for ways to achieve net zero, protect them and their customers in a digital environment, prioritises their staffs safety and wellbeing or wants to grow their business in the UK and beyond.
- Anyone that is looking to accelerate change in their organisation around the adoption of sustainable and digital practices.
- Anyone that is looking to reduce risk associated with cyber-attacks, safety in the workplace, loss of customer base due to unsustainable practices or loss of market share to competitors.
- Anyone looking to attract and retain talent by: focusing on staff safety and wellbeing, developing sustainable practices.
- Anyone looking to understand what the implications are around Brexit and international trade or looking to grow their business outside of the UK
- Anyone wanting to understand how standards can help them hit Net Zero in their organisation
What will participants gain?
- Information and insights on selected sustainability, digitization and OH&S standards
- Help identifying the standards that can solve your organizational challenges
- The opportunity to network with other local businesses
- The opportunity to put your questions to BSI representatives
13:30 – 14:00 Registration
14:00 - 14:10 Welcome & Introduction
David Bell, Director of Standards Policy, BSI
14:10 - 14:45 Keynote speakers
Tim Robinson, COO, TechEast
Michael Wayne Bexton, Director of Environment and Sustainability, Nottingham City Council
14:45 – 15:45 Drivers of change and how can standards help your organization
Sustainability - Daan van der Wekken, Head of Sector – Sustainability, BSI
The impact of digitalisation – Peter Lee, Business Development and Consulting Manager, BSI
Trade and standards - David Bell, Director of Standards Policy, BSI
15:45 - 16:00 Q&A
16:00 - 16:10 Break
16:10 – 16:30 Customer story: (building design partnership UK)
Golnaz Ighany, Sustainability Director, BDP
16:30 – 17:15 Health, Safety and Wellbeing: achieving long-term organizational resilience by putting your people first
Kate Field, Global Head Health, Safety & Wellbeing
17:15 – 17:30 BSI Knowledge
Lee Purkiss, Specialist Online Products Trainer, BSILee Purkiss, Specialist Online Products Trainer, BSI
17:30 – 18:30 Closing remarks and drinks reception
Registrations for this event are now closed.