Internal Auditor ISO/IEC 27001:2013
In this two day course, our expert tutors will teach you how to plan, execute and report on an audit of an ISMS in an organization assessing its conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
You should already have a good understanding of the requirements of the current standard, and our tutors will expand on your existing knowledge to help you develop the specialized skill and expertise to conduct an internal audit.
We’ll show you how to manage the entire process end-to-end from initiating an audit to reporting on the assessment and conducting a follow-up.
Your learning will rapidly develop using a balance of theory and practical activity, so that you can apply your knowledge effectively during an audit.
Gain a Certificate of Achievement for this course
This course has an optional upgrade – you can now qualify for a Certificate of Achievement. By passing the assessment requirements, including an end-of-course examination, you’ll improve your professional profile and be able to:
- Provide evidence of your learning
- Demonstrate your competence
The examination is done online which means you can choose when and where to complete it. The exam takes approximately 80 minutes, and you have up to 30 days to complete it – including one opportunity for a re-take. The price of the assessment option on this course is £100.
We’ll email your exam log-in details when you’ve finished the course. Please remember to select the Examination option on your training course booking form.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in conducting internal audits of an ISMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 in an organization.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
You should already have knowledge how ISO/IEC 27001:2013 works (for delegates who do not have this, we recommend attending our one day requirements course)
What will I learn?
- What are the principles of auditing conformance to ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- What are audit activities
- How to initiate an audit
- How to prepare audit activities
- How to conduct audit activities
- How to prepare and distribute an audit report
- How to complete the audit
- How to conduct an audit follow up
How will my organization benefit?
- Your company will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its ISMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of your organization’s private data to meet your market assurance and corporate governance needs
- You will gain 16 CPD points on completing the course
- Course Folder
- Pen and Notepad
- Certificate of attendance