IECQ Hazardous Substances Process Management
IECQ Hazardous Substances Process Management (HSPM Scheme)
As stricter safety laws are implemented in countries around the world to eliminate toxins in everyday household appliances, the need for electronic equipment manufacturers to demonstrate that their products and processes are hazardous substance-free (HSF) has never been more important.
The IECQ Hazardous Substances Process Management (HSPM) scheme enables producers of electronic equipment and components to show, via independent testing, that their systems and end-products comply with local, national and international regulatory requirements.
IECQ HSPM Certification – What it means for you
Only a handful of accredited certification bodies, including BSI, are authoried to conduct HSPM testing and certification.
For suppliers of electronic equipment and components, gaining IECQ HSPM certification offers several competitive advantages, including:
- Access to domestic and foreign markets – IECQ HSPM demonstrates to the international market place that, following third-party evaluation, a manufacturer’s products, processes, assemblies and related materials comply with international HSF requirements, improving and streamlining the product approval process
- Compliance with local HSF regulations – IECQ HSPM certification also shows that a manufacturer’s products and production processes meet the requirements of country-specific HSF legislation. This includes Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment (RoHS), China RoHS and latest EU Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directives, such as, 2012/19/EU
- Increased product confidence - Proving regulatory compliance across multiple markets, and a commitment to achieving high safety standards increases buyers’ confidence and attracts new business partners
- Save time and reduce costs – Meeting the requirements of IECQ HSPM certification removes the need for ad-hoc third-party quality and safety audits
IECQ HSPM Certification – Who is it for?
- Manufacturers and suppliers of electrical and electronic products, components and associated materials – both internally produced and sourced from external suppliers
It is particularly pertinent for manufacturers of the following product categories:
- Household appliances
- IT equipment
- Communication technologies
- Consumer electrical and electronic products
- Lighting equipment (domestic, commercial and industrial)
- Electric power tools
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
Apply now for IECQ HSPM Certification
We are a globally renowned certification body with almost 130,000 registered sites across the World. With knowledgeable assessors within easy reach of where you are, we will work with you to achieve your certification goals.
To secure the safe, successful introduction of your electronic products and components anywhere in the world call our HSPM certification experts: +44 345 0765 606.