What is PAS 1879 about?
BSI is working with the UK Government to encourage the uptake of safe, secure and interoperable Energy Smart Appliances (ESAs). These are needed for the active management of demand on the electricity network demand, known as Demand Side Response (DSR). PAS 1879 is a pivotal component in this because it sets out minimum recommendations to perform DSR-based activities involving electrical appliances used in domestic or small business settings.
Who is PAS 1879 for?
The PAS is intended for use by all actors operating within the domestic energy supply chain, including:
- Transmission system operators (TSOs)
- Distribution network/system operators (DNOs)
- Electricity suppliers and aggregators
It might also be of interest to:
- Manufacturers of ESAs and customer energy managers (CEMs)
- Maintainers of ESAs
- Manufacturers and maintainers of interfacing products
- Software developers and other service providers