We are committed to advancing all the UN Sustainable Development Goals; making a positive impact both through our own actions and by helping clients to make sustainable choices.
Given the scale of our operations relative to the reach of our standards, stakeholders and clients, our greatest contribution to sustainable development is through the work we do with others. Recognizing that all the goals are interconnected, and that our Royal Charter requires us to co-ordinate efforts for the benefit of society, we make our most significant contribution through, Goal 17, Partnerships for the goals. Mapping BSI’s activities to the goals we identified an additional six goals that we will focus on to have maximum impact.
The goals we believe we are best positioned to advance are:
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals
- Goal 3: Good health and wellbeing
- Goal 7: Affordable and clean energy
- Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth
- Goal 9: Industry innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
Our efforts focus on advancing these goals in particular, recognising that all the goals are interconnected.