NEBOSH National Construction Certificate
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (NCC) provides a broad understanding of construction related health & safety issues.The course covers a broad range of hazards specific to the construction industry, and how to control them, allowing you to complete your day-to-day work more effectively and with confidence.
NEBOSH National Construction Certificate courses are based on UK law and are essential qualifications for anyone working in or wanting to work in health and safety within the construction industry.
Who should attend?
- Anyone with health and safety responsibilities in the construction industry
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health is based on UK law. It is made up of three units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate qualification:
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
Unit NCC1: Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Construction Law and Management
- Construction Site - Hazards and Risk Control
- Vehicle and Plant Movement - Hazards and Risk Control
- Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Work Equipment - Hazards and Risk Control
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical and Biological Health - Hazards and Risk Control
- Physical and Psychological Health - Hazards and Risk Control
- Working at Height - Hazards and Risk Control
- Excavation Work and Confined Spaces - Hazards and Risk Control
- Demolition and Deconstruction - Hazards and Risk Control
Unit NCC2: Construction Health and Safety Practical Application
Units NG1 and NCC! of the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate are each assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit NCC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out at a Construction Site.
How will I benefit?
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is valued by employers globally
- Entitled to Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH)
- Meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Detailed course notes