Carbon management in buildings and infrastructure and PAS 2080 Guidance document
Date: 5 April 2023
Timing: 13.00 – 15.00 (BST)
What’s this PAS 2080 webinar about?
We’ve revised PAS 2080 on how to manage and reduce carbon in the built environment. This webinar covers the detail on the revision.
It will highlight the changes, including to general principles and components of the carbon management process; and to its application, including how to create collaborative ways of working to reduce carbon and increase value across the whole life of buildings and infrastructure.
We’ll also go through a worked example.
Who should attend this PAS 2080 webinar?
- Buildings and Infrastructure client organizations
- Engineering consultancies
- Architects and designers
- Materials and product suppliers
What will participants gain?
- Clarity on the changes in PAS 2080:2023 and its guidance document
- Practical guidance on how to apply the revised PAS 2080
- An introduction to the guidance document
- A walk-through of the standard in action via a worked example
- A copy of PAS 2080 and the guidance document
- The chance to put questions to our experts
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the event
13.00-13.10 Welcome & Introduction
Clare Price, Sector Lead, Built Environment, BSI
Ant Burd, Associate Director, Head of Built Environment, BSI
13.10-13.15 Opening remarks on PAS 2080
Chris Newsome OBE, Chair of Green Construction Board Infrastructure Working group.
13.15-13.20 Introduction from the sponsors
Rachel Skinner CBE, Executive Director, WSP
13.20-13.45 The new PAS 2080
Heleni Pantelidou, Associate Director, Arup
Maria Manidaki, Global Technical Lead for Net Zero, Mott MacDonald
13.45-14.10 Introduction to the guidance document
Adrian Johnson, Chartered Civil Engineer & Technical Director, Stantec
14:55-15.00 Summary & Close