Recorded: 24 February 2022 (13:00 - 14:00 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
Waterborne infections present a serious health risk in a wide range of settings, especially so in healthcare and leisure. This webinar introduces one new and one revised, British Standard on water safety. It explains their roles and inter-relationships with other British Standards on water quality; and sets out how they all contribute to the creation of holistic and effective Water Safety Plans (WSPs) capable of protecting those exposed to water sources, from infection and other hazards.
Who is this webinar for?
Healthcare estates, regulators, inspection bodies, public health engineers, infection prevention and control, water treatment specialists, risk assessors, water samplers, leisure centre managers, architects, commissioning engineers, authorising engineers, facilities management companies, microbiology laboratories, soft FM providers and plumbers.
What will participants gain?
- Introductions to the new BS 8580-2:2022 on risk assessments for Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and the revised BS 7592:2022 on sampling for Legionella bacteria in water systems
- An understanding of how these standards interrelate with BS 8680 and BS 8580-1
- An expert explanation of how to develop and implement an effective Water Safety Plan using these standards
- Ideas on how they can be applied in healthcare, leisure, commercial and industrial premises
- The opportunity to participate in a Q&A with our experts
- Welcome and introduction - Chair, Bjorn Nielsen, Principal Scientist for Microbiology, ALS Environmental UK
- Role of the brand-new BS 8580-2:2022 and the revised BS 7592:2022 in reducing the risk of waterborne infections - Dr Susanne Surman-Lee, Director/ Co-owner, Leegionella Ltd and Dr John V Lee, Director and Consultant Clinical Scientist, Leegionella Ltd
- Q&A session - chaired by Bjorn Nielsen alongside Dr Susanne Surman-Lee and Dr John Lee
- Inform delegates about the availability of the webinar on the BSI website, the availability of the standards on BSI shop and the promo codes - Jessy Mathew, Standards Development Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI)
- Summary and close - Chair, Bjorn Nielsen, Principal Scientist for Microbiology, ALS Environmental UK
For a unique insight into the latest water safety standards and how you can use them to protect water users from infection, please watch the on-demand webinar now.