Recorded: 18 March 2021 (10:00 - 12:00 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
A new international standard is being prepared on the safety of the intended functionality (SOTIF) of connected road vehicles. This is an aspect of safety that’s distinct from and complementary to functional safety (which is covered by the BS ISO 26262 series).
SOTIF covers potentially hazardous behaviour caused by the performance limitations of a system, or its intended functionality, for example: the function’s inability to correctly understand the situation and operate safely. ISO/DIS 21448 Road vehicles. Safety of the intended functionality is a draft international standard that provides guidance on the applicable design, verification and validation measures needed to achieve SOTIF.
Our webinar aims to:
- Generate industry comments and help shape the UK’s position on this draft standard
- Increase the vehicle industry’s awareness and knowledge of this standard
- Alert manufacturers on the need to share this standard’s requirements with their Tier 1 suppliers
Who is this webinar for?
- Automotive manufacturers
- Developers of automated vehicles and their technologies (e.g. sensor manufacturers)
- Road and transport authorities/local authorities/highways agencies/government
- Anyone involved in the Connected and automated vehicles (CAV) eco-system (regulators, insurance, legal, academia, researchers)
- Organizations that have downloaded PAS 1880/1881 or responded to related consultations
What will participants gain?
- A deeper understanding of ISO/DIS 21448 in the context of other automotive standards
- The opportunity to contribute to the final standard
- The opportunity to ask questions of our experts