Recorded: 15 June 2021 (14:00 - 15:30 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
Natural capital accounting combines financial, environmental and social information to reveal an organization’s impacts and dependencies on nature. This webinar introduces the new standard: BS 8632:2021 Natural Capital Accounting for Organizations. Specification to professionals working in this field. It covers:
- Why we created this new standard
- What’s inside the standard
- What benefits it can bring
- How it can be used
Who is this webinar for?
The standard applies to organizations of all types and sectors and of any size. The event is for those who will use the standard and those who will make the decision to use it, namely:
- Finance / management accounting / investor relations / strategic planning and risk management / sustainability / environmental management teams of an organization – C-suite executives and practitioners
- Economic, environmental economic, environmental, management and evaluation consultancies
- Investors / investment managers
- Accountancy and auditing and quality assurance firms (as the practice expands)
What will you gain?
- An understanding of the benefits of natural capital accounting
- A first-hand explanation of what’s in the new standard and how to use it
- Expert insights on how natural capital accounts can be interpreted for strategic, operational and investment decisions
Welcome and introduction - Lesley Wilson, Lead Standards Development Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI)
Benefits of a Natural Capital Accounting standard - Ece Ozdemiroglu, Founding Director, Economics for the Environment Consultancy (eftec)
BS 8632 Natural Capital Accounting - so, what’s inside the standard - Stephanie Hime, Director, Little Blue Research Ltd
Interpreting accounts and Integrating accounting - Pat Snowdon, Head of Economics and Woodland Carbon Code, Scottish Forestry
Panel discussion and Q&A session - Chaired by Ece Ozdemiroglu, Founding Director, eftec with a panel including Lesley Wilson, Lead Standards Development Manager, BSI, Stephanie Hime, Director, Little Blue Research Ltd, Pat Snowdon, Head of Economics and Woodland Carbon Code, Scottish Forestry, Marta Santamaria, Director, Capitals Coalition, Colin Smith, Economic Advisor, Defra
End of the webinar