Recorded: 21 July 2021 (14:00 - 15:30 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
The climate is changing and making the right decisions around adaption and resilience is increasingly important. BSI is taking a lead in supporting organizations with good practice in this area.
With an introduction from the Adaptation sub-Committee of the UK’s Climate Change Committee, the webinar includes how adaptation to climate change should be approached – moving from policy to implementation. It introduces a new British Standard BS 8631:2021 Adaptation to climate change. Using adaptation pathways for decision making. Guide, which helps organizations create long-term plans and make decisions within the uncertainty and risks of a changing climate.
Who is this webinar for?
- Decision-makers in organizations of all sizes and sectors, with concerns about the impacts of a changing climate on them and their supply chain including at board/CEO/director level
- Environmental, OH&S and sustainability managers
- Operations, facilities and supply chain managers
- Asset and risk managers
- Specialist consultants
- Infrastructure operators and planners, and local government planners
- Professional institutions
- Reporting authorities and regulators
What will you gain?
- A stronger understanding of why adaptation is important
- Expert insight into how to implement adaptation in an organization
- Knowledge of how BS 8631 and adaptation pathways could be developed and applied
14:00 - 14:05 Welcome and introduction - Lesley Wilson, Lead Standards Development Manager, British Standards Institution (BSI)
14:05 - 14:20 Adaptation, policy and context - Rosalyn Schofield, member of the Adaptation Committee, Climate Change Committee (CCC)
14:20 - 14:35 Implementing adaptation across the City of London using pathways - Janet Laban, Senior Sustainability Planner, City of London Corporation
14:35 - 15:55 An introduction to what’s inside BS 8631 - Tim Reeder, Independent Advisor, London Climate Change Partnership (LCCP)
15:55 - 15:25 Q&A and panel discussion - Chaired by Geoff Darch, Water Resources Strategy Manager, Anglian Water Services alongside Tim Reeder, Independent Advisor, London Climate Change Partnership (LCCP), Rosalyn Schofield, member of the Adaptation Committee, Climate Change Committee (CCC), Peter von Lany, Senior Associate Director, Jacobs & Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Janet Laban, Senior Sustainability Planner, City of London Corporation
15:25 - 15:30 Wrap up and end of the webinar