Recorded: 20 January 2021 (14:00 - 15:45 UK time)
What’s this webinar about?
The health and care system in England is responsible for an estimated 4 – 5 per cent of the country’s carbon footprint, so has a major role to play in supporting the achievement of the UK Government’s 2050 net zero target. The NHS has therefore committed to reaching net zero as soon as possible.
As part of BSI’s Net Zero Week, this webinar aims to progress the net zero conversation within the healthcare sector, and in particular illustrate how BSI can help.
To that end, this webinar includes presentations on:
- Clinician involvement on climate action
- Energy use and sustainability perspectives in NHS Scotland
- Net zero carbon healthcare estates
Who is this webinar for?
Decision-makers in the healthcare sector, including across NHS services, the life science industry and from along the healthcare supply chain.
What will participants gain?
- Current and valuable information on the healthcare sector’s journey towards net zero
- An overview of how BSI products and services can help healthcare achieve net zero
- The opportunity to ask our experts questions
- A post-event copy of all presentations and a recording of the webinar
BSI Introduction to the day - Rob Turpin - Head of Sector for Healthcare, British Standards Institution (BSI)
BSI Net-Zero Overview - Rob Turpin - Head of Sector for Healthcare, British Standards Institution (BSI)
Clinician involvement on climate action - Aarti Bansal - General Practitioner and Founder of Greener Practice, Frank Swinton - Anaesthetic Consultant, NHS & Climate Change Lead, West Yorkshire and Harrogate Healthcare Partnership
NHS Scotland perspectives - Kathryn Dapré - Head of Energy & Sustainability, NHS National Services Scotland
Net zero carbon healthcare estates - Andrew Rolf - Associate Director | Building Engineering, Arup
Round Table – Discussion