Location: Grange St Paul's Hotel, 10 Godliman Street, London, EC4V 5AJ
Date: Thursday 23 November 2017
Times: 9:30 - 17:00
Join us in London for BSI Standards Forum and Awards 2017. Don’t miss the chance to attend our information and cybersecurity-focused plenary sessions and interactive ‘conversation with the experts’ breakout sessions. Our top-of-their-field speakers will be discussing issues such as information security, cyber threats, the incoming GDPR, and the role of standards in these areas. Don't miss this exciting and insightful event!
We are pleased to announce that Graham Cluley, an award-winning cybersecurity blogger, researcher, podcaster, and public speaker will be joining us for the day. He has been a well-known figure in the computer security industry since the early 1990's when he worked as a programmer, writing the first ever version of Dr Solomon's Anti-Virus Toolkit for Windows. Since then he has been employed in senior roles by companies such as Sophos and McAfee. Graham has given talks about computer security for some of the world's largest companies, worked with law enforcement agencies on investigations into hacking groups, and regularly appears on TV and radio explaining computer security threats. In 2011, Graham became a member of the Infosecurity Europe Hall of Fame.
List of speakers:
- John Burbidge-King - CEO, Interchange Solutions Ltd.
- Michael Briggs - Head of Product Research, Which? Ltd.
- Graham Cluley - Independent Cyber Security Expert, grahamcluey.com
- Pete Eisenneger - Consumer Coordinator - Digital Standards, Consumer and Public Interest Network (CPIN)
- Paul - Security Adviser, UK Government
- Christine Heemskerk - Chair, Consumer and Public Interest Network
- Bridget Kenyon - Head of Information Security, University College London
- Renzo Marchini - Partner, Fieldfisher
- Jo Pedder - Head of Policy and Engagement, Information Commissioner’s Office
- Vernon Poole - Head of Business Consultancy, Sapphire
- Simon Schofield - Director of Security EMEA, Datapipe
- Tony Williams - Information Risk and Cyber Security Consultant, Tonnik Consulting
- Dr Scott Steedman CBE FREng - Director of Standards, BSI
- David Bell - Director of Standards Policy, BSI
- Jaskirat Sahota - Lead Programme Manager, BSI
BSI Standards Forums provide standards makers and standards users with an opportunity to discuss most recent developments in standards, network with the BSI team and peers from across a variety of sectors, hear from experts and visit our stands.
BSI Standards Awards recognise outstanding contributions to standards making by BSI committee members.