BSI certifies Spanish National Lottery in Quality and Information Security
10 July 2009
Loterias y Apuestas del Estado (LAE), the Spanish National Lottery, has been certified by BSI for its work in the areas of Quality and Information Security Management.
Gonzalo Fernández Rodríguez, Managing Director of Loterías y Apuestas del Estado (LAE), was presented with certificates for the following standards by Márcio Viegas, Managing Director of BSI Spain, Portugal and France:
- ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems. Requirements
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 Information security management systems. Requirements
- PAS 99:2006 Specification of common management system requirements as a framework for integration
- WORLD LOTTERY ASSOCIATION - WLA SCS:2006 (Security Control)
Márcio Viegas, said: “BSI is delighted to award certification to LA in these important areas. The company has demonstrated a high level of commitment to Quality Management and Information Security Management throughout its operations.”
Loterías y Apuestas del Estado has an Integrated Management System which covers all of its activities as a game operator, both within its head offices and across various working centres.
In 2006 LAE adopted a range of measures in order to formalize its Quality Management System and Information Security Management System in all its operations. As a result, it created the Integrated Management System Project for LAE (SIGLAE).
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For media information:
BSI España S.A.
T: +34 914 008 620
F: +34 915 743 854
M: +34 689 131 771
BSI is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,400 staff operating in over 120 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
• The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
• Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
• Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark and CE marking to UK, European and International standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 17 New Approach EU Directives
• Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
• Performance management software solutions
• Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com