26 May 2009
Understanding BS 8901 Workshop
Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 1.30PM – 4.30PM
Olympia Conference Centre, Hammersmith Road, London W14 8UX
Free of Charge
Do you want to create events that are kinder to the environment, more beneficial to the community and offer greater value for money? A workshop brought to you by BSI and Positive Impact, as part of the London 2012 Inspire programme, will help.
If you are an event organiser, venue or supplier to the event management industry why not attend the second in a series of free, interactive workshops.
• Uncover the business benefits of implementing sustainability in your events management
• Understand the background of the British Standard for a Sustainable Event Management System (BS 8901), find out how the standard is changing and what that means for you
• Find out first-hand how London 2012 is implementing sustainability, and the legacy this will leave for the international event industry.
Speakers at the workshop will include David Stubbs, Head of Sustainability, London 2012 Organising Committee; Anne Hayes, Head of Market Development, Risk and Sustainability, Standards at BSI; Fiona Pelham, Director of Positive Impact; Tracy Halliwell, Head of Business and Events at Visit London.
For more details and to register, visit www.positiveimpactevents.co.uk
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For media information:
PR Officer, BSI
Tel +44 (0)20 8996 7248
Mob: +44 (0)7717 451990
BSI is a global independent business services organization that inspires confidence and delivers assurance to over 80,000 customers with standards-based solutions. Originating as the world’s first national standards body, BSI has over 2,400 staff operating in over 120 countries through more than 50 global offices. BSI’s key offerings are:
• The development and sale of private, national and international standards and supporting information that promote and share best practice
• Second and third-party management systems assessment and certification in all critical areas of management disciplines
• Testing and certification of services and products for Kitemark and CE marking to UK, European and International standards. BSI is a Notified Body for 17 New Approach EU Directives
• Certification of high-risk, complex medical devices
• Performance management software solutions
• Training services in support of standards implementation and business best practice.
For further information please visit www.bsigroup.com
About the Inspire programme: The Inspire programme is an opportunity for everyone to be a part of the London 2012 Games; a broad participation programme spanning sport participation, medal table performance development, education, sustainability, business skills and volunteering. New opportunities are being created to inspire young people and encourage the whole of the UK to join in.
About London 2012: In the summer of 2012, the UK will come alive with the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Our four-year Cultural Olympiad will reach a climax with the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on 27 July. It starts a 60-day festival of sport and culture across the UK – the Olympic and Paralympic Games. For the first time, these two events have been planned together from the very beginning. By thinking about the needs of both Olympic and Paralympic athletes and spectators at each point in our plans, we can create the best possible Games experience for everyone. Find out the latest from the London 2012 HQ blog