The situation with regards to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is evolving rapidly. Where necessary, BSI is taking immediate and extensive actions to safeguard our people by managing the risk of infection within our operations and wherever we work for our clients. This action is in accordance with WHO and respective local government restrictions and/or prevention guidance.
BSI client commitment
We have instigated our business continuity and pandemic response plans. In high-risk areas, we are working closely with our clients and teams to provide an ongoing service while doing everything possible to mitigate the potential risks caused by this global health issue. Some of our contingency actions include:
- the use of online technology to conduct meetings, events and training courses where appropriate
- remote and/or immersive (i.e. using live streaming technology) audits
For further information, please contact your BSI representative or our client service centre.
BSI people commitment
We have implemented several measures to protect our team members:
- in high-risk areas, our people have the option to work remotely from home
- all non-essential travel has been cancelled
- our people have been provided with the WHO health guidance and our own company guidelines
- adherence to the respective government guidelines
- increased control, hygiene and prevention methods in all our facilities
- when necessary, our team members will be equipped with the relevant personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of infection
- prior to any site visit, BSI is asking clients about how they’re managing the COVID-19 risk or if they have any known cases
Regular information updates
As we’re sure you can appreciate, the health, safety and security of our teams and clients is paramount. BSI will continue to monitor the situation and policy of each region and will provide timely updates to clients via our normal communications channels.