Enhance your career with our Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) training course. With recent independent studies consistently ranking CISM as one of the highest paying and sought-after IT certifications, it's a great course to help with your professional development. Plus, it assures executive management that you have the required experience to provide adequate security management and consulting services.
Our accelerated 4-day course teaches you the skills required to manage, design, oversee and assess enterprise information security management programs.
An authorized ISACA course is also designed to prepare candidates to sit and pass the ISACA CISM Certification exam to validate their skills and knowledge in Information Security Management.
The course is completed in 4 days and covers the following domains:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
Duration: 4 days
To register or for more information, contact us.
Who should attend?
This training course is for professionals who have 3-5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in information security management.
- Information security professionals
- Information security managers
- Those with management responsibilities
- Information security staff
There are no prerequisites for attending the CISM course and sitting the exam. This is a practice accepted and encouraged by ISACA.In order to become CISM certified, you must meet the following requirements:
- Pass the CISM exam
- Adhere to ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the Continuing Education Policy
- Accumulate enough work experience in the field of information security.
- Submit an Application for CISM Certification within 5 years of passing the exam
What will I learn?
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the relationship between executive leadership, enterprise governance, and information security governance.
- Outline the components used to build an information security strategy.
- Explain how the risk assessment process influences the information security strategy.
- Articulate the process and requirements used to develop an effective information risk response strategy.
- Describe the components of an effective information security program.
- Explain the process to build and maintain an enterprise information security program.
- Outline techniques used to assess the enterprise’s ability and readiness to manage an information security incident.
- Outline methods to measure and improve response and recovery capabilities.
How will I benefit?
This course and professional certification will provide you and your organization a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Provide business and enterprise with a deep understanding of the relationship and ensure alignment between information security programs and broader business goals and objectives while meeting the challenging need to integrate information security into business operations
- Understand how to establish and maintain the necessary frameworks that will ensure information security strategies are aligned with business objectives, and consistent with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure the security and integrity of data and greater alignment between organizations’ information security programs and their broader goals and objectives.
- Get the right mix of critical technology, business skills, and experience. CISM's understand the true nature of security threats and how to respond quickly and appropriately
- Confidently identify and manage information security risks to achieve business objectives
- Be familiar with industry-accepted terminology and practices used by information security professionals
- Gain the necessary knowledge and skills required in order to prepare for the ISACA CISM exam
- Comprehensive ISACA course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- Additional notes and resources
- Sample Exam questions
- Lunch (classroom-based classes)
Please note: the ISACA CISM exam is not included in the course fee and needs to be booked directly on the ISACA website. On completion of the exam, you will be awarded Certified Information Security Manager Status.
On completion, you’ll be awarded a Certificate of attendance and after completing the required ISACA Exam along with fulfilling the application process with ISACA you will be certified as an ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)