How we work with government
- Close relationships with UK departments and agencies who contribute to the development of national, European and international standards.
- Direct links with specific government departments to provide informal or private standards – customized, quick solutions that address a particular issue or need.
- Collaboration with other countries, licensing British Standards abroad and ‘twinning’ to help build standardization capabilities in less developed countries.
- Working with government organizations and public sector managers to ensure they improve efficiency.
- Supporting many of the most important European Directives concerning matters of safety, performance and import/export of products and services through a comprehensive set of standards