The top food safety standards are introducing a requirement for measuring and implementing a culture of food safety. Food safety culture is becoming a common nonconformance in food safety audits. Food companies are struggling to understand how to measure and improve their culture and are seeking advice and guidance
This course will enable individuals to plan the process of identifying, measuring and improving their own organization’s culture of food safety. You’ll learn what culture is and how to implement plans to improve it, overlaying these with the FSMS to get best results.
How will I benefit?
This course will enable you to implement a successful programme to measure and improve a culture of food safety throughout your organization. This will support your existing food safety management system, to improve the safety and quality of the foods produced and/or sold by your company.
This course is for all staff working at food production and retail companies who wish to better understand the concept of food safety culture and strengthen this onsite. This includes Leadership, Management, Technical/Quality Assurance, HR, Production, Operations, Marketing, Procurement/Purchasing, Supply and Distribution.
After completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the concept of food safety culture, leadership behaviours, and maturity levels
- Evaluate an organization’s and leaders’ current food safety behaviours
- Evaluate the readiness of an organization to improve its culture of food safety
- Build an action plan to improve an organization’s culture of food safety
- Explain how to drive lasting improvements through goal setting, nudging, and consequences
Select measures most effective for a stage of maturity and how to build these into a food safety and quality management system to sustain improvements
On completion, you will be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.