Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001
Overcome data loss with a better understanding of information security management systems (ISMS) and take the first steps towards gaining an international standard for your business.
Our one-day ISO 27001 Introduction Training Course explores and explains why and how your business can grow and develop in confidence with an ISO 27001 compliant ISMS.
Our internationally recognised trainers will guide you through an introduction to ISMS, the commercial and legal implications, current standards, and how you can gain certification and maintain business accreditation. From there you will build understanding of designing and managing a risk assessment system suited to your business and how to measure its success.
Who should attend?
"We’ve been raising standards worldwide since 1979 and created 85% of our portfolio of standards, including Information Security.
- Senior systems and IT managers
- IT security officers and
- Consultants introducing ISO 27001 into an organisation.
What will I learn?
- Gain insight into what information security means
- Learn to identify, manage and prioritise security objectives and controls for your business
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 27001 standard and how it can benefit your company
- Learn about the commercial pressures of certification and penalties for non-compliance
How will I benefit?
- This is the first step towards securing your business against data loss and security breach
- You will gain an understanding of how effective information security can be managed across your business, and an understanding of how full protection of your company and customer assets will build stakeholder confidence
- Gain eight Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points
- Training course notes