Head protection covers a wide range of products. This ranges from a helmet for use by a pedal cyclist, to a sophisticated helmet with integrated respiratory and communications equipment used by the military. To be sold in Europe protective helmets require CE Marking, which is covered by the PPE Directive. Most helmets fall into the 'intermediate' category, but there are certain exceptions to this where products may be classed as complex PPE.
Our experts can help you to determine what needs to be done to ensure your products meet the relevant regulatory requirements for market access, and we can help with BSI Kitemark certification.
Our head protection testing and certification cover the following products:
- Industrial safety helmets
- Industrial bump caps
- Riot helmets for police use
- Marine safety helmets
- Helmets for pedal cyclists and for users of skateboards and roller skates
- Head protectors for cricketers
- Head protection for rugby
- Helmets for equestrian activities
- Helmets for airborne sports
- Helmets for alpine skiers and snowboarders