Our one-day foundation training course to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will help you understand how it could apply to your organization and the potential benefits.
By attending this course you will be better prepared to carry out a discussion around the new regulation, conform to the parameters, as well as understand the background, updated concepts, principles, terms and definitions used in the GDPR.
This foundation course will also help you understand how the regulation works, so you can prepare and work towards compliance for the regulation. Plus you’ll be in a position to start a scoping exercise that can then lead to a gap analysis, privacy impact and risk assessment or a full data protection audit.
To register or for more information, contact us.
Who should attend?
Managers seeking to broaden their knowledge of the GDPR requirements, or those who currently have a role in data protection or information security and need to understand how to comply with the regulation
For those with limited knowledge in the area of data protection but with ambition of becoming data protection officers. Or perhaps those who have been exposed to the regulation through training and want to know more.
Individuals who need to understand their responsibilities, from any business area that processes personal information or data including: legal, corporate governance, risk and compliance, management systems, data security, IT services, marketing, financial and accounting and Human Resources.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- Data protection officers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Human Resource managers
- Financial and Accounts managers
- Internal legal teams
- Personal data and records administration teams
- Attain a thorough understanding of the current Data Protection legislation and the underlying principles
- Gain a good comprehension of the updated concepts and principles and the application of them in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Be able to understand some of the main tenets of GDPR such as; privacy impact assessments, privacy by design, audits, data breaches etc.
- Understand the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) within the organization and the role he / she will play
- Ascertain how the new rules around GDPR apply to your organization
- Enact new governance and technical steps in your organization to comply with the GDPR requirements
- Gain the confidence to interpret data protection regulations
- Have greater ability to identify potential impacts of privacy challenges
- Learn to integrate policies and procedures to reflect GDPR requirements
How will I benefit?
- Be familiar with the content of GDPR and have a good understanding of the fundamentals of the new regulation
- Gain the confidence to interpret data protection regulation and understand the implications for you and your organization
- Have greater ability to identify potential impacts of privacy
- Course Notes / Material
- Certificate of attendance