Implementing BS OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
BS OHSAS 18001 does more than protect your staff – it reassures stakeholders that you take corporate responsibility seriously, and can provide you with a competitive edge. Work with us to build an occupational health and safety management system that will get the best results from safer working conditions.
Are you ready for implementation?
Every organization faces different hazards and risks. And each organization is at a different stage with their health and safety management. That’s why we offer customized packages to help you put health and safety first. A BS OHSAS 18001 package can include only the products and services that your business needs. This helps you to cut the cost of unnecessary products or services, and overcome the particular health and safety challenges you face.
We’ll help you shape an OHSAS 18001 Project Plan with the systems you already have in place. And we’ll help you to identity and minimize health hazards and safety risks – while reassured staff and customers, enhanced brand and image, and preferred supplier status become part of your future.
Top tips for implementing BS OHSAS 18001
- Get commitment and support from senior management.
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication.
- Compare existing health and safety management practices with OHSAS 18001 requirements.
- Get staff and supplier feedback on current health and safety management.
- Establish an implementation team to get the best results.
- Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales.
- Adapt the requirements of the OHSAS 18001 standard to your business.
- Get staff involved with training and incentives.
- Share OHSAS 18001 knowledge and encourage staff to train as internal auditors.
- Regularly review your OHSAS 18001 system to make sure you are continually improving it.