Guidance on Social Responsibility
Demonstrate your commitment to sustainable development and community support with guidance on Social Responsibility
ISO 26000 Guidance on Social Responsibility
ISO 26000 outlines international recommendations for making your organization more socially responsible. It will guide you in building and delivering a long-term social responsibility strategy, whatever the nature of your business. ISO 26000 can help you address everything from working practices to environmental policies, sustainable development and the communities that you impact.
What is social responsibility?
Social responsibility has become one of the most important factors to measure your organization’s performance and this is true of all sectors of society. Social responsibility is an organization’s legal and voluntary duty to consider its social and environmental impact of its decisions and activities. A corporate responsibility strategy outlines the ways that an organization contributes to sustainable development, engages with its stakeholders and behaves ethically.
What are the benefits?
- Design and build a social responsibility strategy tailored to your business
- Adapt this strategy to any legal, cultural or political environment
- Manage social or environmental issues specific to your business
- Engage employees, communities and business partners in your strategy
- Win greater trust and credibility as a socially responsible organization