Toronto – May 2, 2017
Ten companies have been named as nominees for the 2016 BSI Award of Excellence. BSI Group Canada Inc. is a division of the world’s first National Standards Body and the leading provider of choice for ISO transition in Canada.
“2016 was a very busy year because of the transition periods for the revised ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. The radical transformation in some of the standards means there are new demands on management as risk takes centre stage.” said Anne-Marie Pizzitelli, Head of Communications at BSI Group Canada. “Organizations need to be able to prepare for, respond and adapt to incremental changes and sudden disruptions. Success will involve a combination of strategic adaptability, agile leadership, robust governance, and organizational resilience.”
BSI Canada created the Award of Excellence in 2011 to recognize customers who have demonstrated a culture of excellence and continual improvement in their business. Last year, Zochem Inc. was awarded the BSI Canada Award of Excellence for Quality Management Systems.
Evaluation of audit performances, quality management systems and business results are some of the factors considered. This year’s nominees include a world leader in mining and a producer on instant lottery and gaming ticket products.
The 2016 nominees are:
- Lockheed Martin Commercial Engine Solutions – Saint-Laurent, QC
- IBM (International Business Machines) HQ – Bromont, QC
- General Kinetics – Mississauga, ON
- Forbes Brothers – Calgary, AB
- DeBeers – North York, ON
- PhiTelos Solutions Inc. – Ottawa, ON
- Nitrex Metal Technologies – Burlington, ON
- Orlick Industries – Mississauga, ON
- Pollard Banknote Limited – Kamloops, BC
- OZ Optics – Ottawa, ON