At BSI, we are committed to serving all of our customers equally. We have therefore undertaken the following actions to ensure equal access to our websites:
The standard, sans-serif font used throughout the BSI corporate sites is BSI Gesta for easy legibility. Exceptions to this font style are for countries which have certain Unicode fonts such as China, Japan, Russia, Taiwan and Korea.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- Links within BSI websites, are conveyed with colour and are clearly underlined.
- Links which open within a new window or tab are clearly labelled with an icon and have their HTML ‘title’ attribute specified accordingly.
- Our site behaves in a responsive manner so is accessible by mobile, handheld and desktop devices.
- All images, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means that when an image is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text. If an image is used for decorative purposes only, the text attribute for the image will be left blank.
- Not all PDFs are tagged for accessibility but we are attempting to ensure that newly published PDFs are tagged. If you need one of our PDFs that is not tagged, please contact us for an accessible version.
- Where individual features make use of functions that do not comply with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines we have made sure that there are alternative routes provided to the information.
- A link to details of how to contact us for further information offline is provided from every page.
- Style of navigation remains consistent through the BSI corporate websites whereas there may be disparity in navigation between sub-domains.
We have attempted to comply with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. This is specifically with regard to Priority 1 guidelines and 2 guidelines. The elements covered by the Priority 3 guidelines are not, in most cases used by our website, however as the website develops such functions we will aim for compliance at this level.
We are committed to a process of ongoing improvement and are working to ensure all content is developed under the guidelines outlined above.
Whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback on how we can improve your online experience, please do not hesitate to contact BSI customer services.