This one-day intensive course enables greater understanding of the impact that ISO 14971:2019 has on the decision-making process when manufacturing medical devices.
It helps medical device professionals understand how ISO 14971:2019 can improve their business and risk management efforts.
This course is designed to provide you with an understanding of ISO 14971:2019 and the impact it has on the design, development, manufacturing and lifecycle of medical devices. It will also provide medical device manufacturers with knowledge of how ISO 14971:2019 links with the ISO 13485:2016 standard and the MDR 2017/745.
Practical activities throughout the day will give you the opportunity to apply your skills, implementing risk management activities so that these can be embedded within the organization on completion of the course.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Identify the key requirements of ISO 14971:2019
- Interpret and communicate the key requirements and expectations of ISO 14971:2019 to your organization
- Gain knowledge of how ISO 14971:2019 links to ISO 13485 and the regulations; MDR 2017/745 and IVDR 2017/746.
- Apply the fundamental risk management activities for medical devices within your organization
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for you if you’re in a QA/Regulatory/Engineering/Manufacturing role involved in medical device design, development and manufacturing.
You should have experience with, or basic knowledge of, quality management systems for the medical device industry. We recommend you have a basic awareness of medical device development, quality assurance and ISO 13485:2016.
What will I learn?
Upon completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Define risk management terminology
- Explain how risk management relates to the product lifecycle
- Outline the stages of the risk management process
- Define the key deliverables of the risk management process
- Apply risk management principles within your organization
- Identify the links between ISO 14971:2019, ISO 13485:2016, MDR 2017/745 and IVDR 2017/746
Our unique accelerated approach fast-tracks learning, improves knowledge retention and ensures you acquire the skills to apply your knowledge straight away. This course involves practical activities, group discussions and classroom learning to help you develop a deeper understanding of the material and have a greater impact on job performance.
On completion, you’ll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate.
Download the course flyer.