You’ll learn about ISO 50001, common terms and definitions in the standard as well as the key concepts and requirements related to ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Systems (EnMS).
On-demand - training that’s even more flexible
If you need to understand the requirements of this management system standard and are confident enough not to need tutor-led training, this online, self-paced course offers you complete flexibility.
You can study in your own time when it suits you, and you can access the course from any internet-enabled device 24/7.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the planning, implementing, maintaining, supervising or auditing of an ISO 50001 Energy Management System.
This eLearning course is ideal if you need a refresh or cannot attend one of our tutor-led classroom or virtual training courses.
To benefit from the expertise of a tutor, and interaction with other delegates, choose the virtual online or classroom version of this course.
There are no formal prerequisites; however it will be useful for delegates to read the International Standard before attending this course.
What will I learn?
You’ll be able to:
- What is an energy management system
- Why an EnMS is important to an organization and its benefits
- The background of ISO 50001:2018 and its intended outcome
- The terms and definitions used
- The key concepts and structure of ISO 50001:2018
- The main requirements of ISO 50001:2018
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Understand and explain the importance and benefits of having an effective energy management system in place
- Develop and implement an EnMS that allows your organization to continually improve how it uses energy
- Manage energy consumption and efficiency for your organization
- Understand how energy performance is a key element of an organization’s performance and the benefits of integrating your EnMS with your organization’s overall strategy
- Motivate your colleagues as well as engage their commitment and cooperation as you implement and maintain the system
- Inform your senior management team of the requirements of the standard, help them decide on next steps and provide guidance on implementation decisions and auditing requirements
- Recognize the important role that energy management systems have in accelerating climate change action in support of United Nations climate change agreements
- Support your organization in recognizing corporate social responsibility, sustainability and governance initiatives as well as protect its brand and reputation
- This is an online, interactive eLearning course.
- You’ll have access to the course for 12 months.
On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate