The Medical Device Regulation (MDR) is the legislation detailing the requirements that manufacturers must meet to place medical devices on the market in the European Union.
As more and more manufacturers now have their MDR Quality Management System (QMS) certificates, it’s imperative for continued compliance that they are able to perform audits against the requirements of the QMS MDR.
This course is designed to give you insights into how Notified Bodies may perform an MDR QMS compliance audit, using the topics of a typical MDR audit agenda as the basis. This will enable you to optimize your auditing skills and knowledge to boost your audit capabilities, gain confidence in planning and performing an effective EU MDR QMS audit, as well as ensuring continued compliance to the EU MDR (2017/245).
How will I benefit?
This course will help you to:
- Perform audits against the EU MDR (2017/245) Quality Management System requirements
- Ensure continued compliance against the EU MDR (2017/245) QMS requirements
- Be confident that your organization can rely on competent EU MDR (2017/245) auditors
Please note: The training is in English.
The course is especially suitable for:
- RA, QM, and QA professionals who already perform audits
- Anyone concerned with certification or active in projects for CE-marking, especially involved in the QMS implementation side
- Staff involved in audits and working for organizations that partner with Medical Device manufacturers e.g. as subcontractor, crucial supplier, OEM, Authorized representative, importer, distributor, auditee
Please note: This course will not cover audit requirements for In Vitro Diagnostics Devices or focus on devices with specific requirements.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- Establish the relationship between the ISO 13485:2016 and the EU MDR (2017/745)
- Recognize and interpret the key QMS requirements of the EU MDR (2017/745)
- Appreciate that the range of medical device classifications mean differing requirements in the context of auditing
- Plan for and conduct EU MDR (2017/745) QMS audits to establish and maintain compliance against these requirements
- Report on any identified nonconformities
- Access to the platform where classes will be held
- Access to the platform where the materials are posted
- On successful completion of the training, participants will receive an internationally recognized certificate
Already a competent auditor in the medical device industry and especially familiar with the auditing requirements of ISO 13485:2016.
You must have a good understanding of the requirements of the MDR. You should also have experience with quality management systems for the medical device industry. Recommended to have either attended the ISO 13485 Lead auditor or ISO 13485 internal auditor course.