As IoT devices and applications proliferate in society, so has the need to protect the security and privacy of the data that is collected, processed or stored on these types of devices. This course provides a summary of the characteristics, stakeholders, life cycles and risk sources of IoT systems. ISO/IEC 27400:2022 contains guidance on controls that may be applied to enhance the security and privacy of these systems.
This one-day course will provide you with the knowledge required to evaluate the application and benefits of IoT devices, evaluate the risks to these applications and apply the control measures necessary to mitigate these risks to acceptable levels.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand the risks, principles and controls for security and privacy of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
- Gain an insight into the terminology most commonly associated with the IoT
Please note: The training is in English.
This course is applicable to practitioners of IoT implementation, IoT system auditors or those with equivalent knowledge and experience. Suggested job roles include:
- Those responsible for implementing and managing IoT solutions
- Those with responsibilities for auditing their IoT system solutions and the associated security and privacy practitioners
Upon completion of this training, delegates will gain an overview of ISO 27400:2022 Cybersecurity-IoT security and privacy - guidelines and will be able to:
- Comprehend the terms and definitions associated with IoT systems
- Recognize the IoT concepts including the characteristics and stakeholders of IoT systems
- Identify the risk sources for IoT systems
- Gain familiarity with the security and privacy controls applicable for IoT systems
- Access to the platform where classes will be held
- Access to the platform where the materials are posted
- On successful completion of the training, participants will receive an internationally recognized certificate