ISO 19650 Part 2: Project Delivery Training Course
This course will help you understand the information management processes that are needed for a design and construction project to be delivered using BIM according to ISO 19650 Part 2: Project Delivery Phase. The course follows on from the BIM Fundamentals course, where information management concepts and principles are introduced.
The course includes sessions on:
- ISO 19650-2 as a standard and the terminology it uses (many terms have been changed from original UK terms to make the standard internationally acceptable)
- How clients set their information requirements and select their suppliers
- How suppliers of information (designers, contractors, manufacturers) respond with their information plans and how information requirements are cascaded down through a delivery team
- Specific common data environment processes for project information
- Information management responsibilities, and the skills and capabilities required from clients and their suppliers
Who should attend?
Project clients, designers (architects, structural/civil engineers, services engineers, etc.), main contractors and sub-contractors, manufacturers of complex products/components.
Asset/facility managers will also find it helpful to attend to find out how their operational information is specified and delivered during a construction project.
This course is designed for those with some knowledge of BIM Implementation including those who’ve used the former UK standards. You may previously have attended BIM Fundamentals or equivalent.
You should have day-to-day involvement with or responsibility for construction projects, particularly the information management aspects of those projects.
What will I learn?
On completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain what the ISO 19650-2 standard says and what it means
- Define how key information management documents are developed
- Identify how designers and contractors are expected to show their BIM capability to their prospective clients
- Understand how to start applying ISO 19650-2 to your projects
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Understand how to formulate Project Information Requirements (PIRs), Information Standards, and the appointment-specific Exchange Information Requirements (EIRs)
- Understand how to assess BIM capability, develop BIM execution plans and information delivery plans
- Work through the key information management processes in group activities
- Detailed course notes
- Lunch and refreshments
- On completion, you'll be awarded an internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate