Getting started with ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
Expect the unexpected and plan for it with an ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). Discover how you can adapt the standard to your organisation to manage the risks that threaten the smooth running of your business and ensure its survival in the event of a disruption.
What is ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management?
ISO 22301 is the international standard for Business Continuity Management (BCM), and builds on the success of British Standard BS 25999 and other regional standards. It’s designed to protect your business from potential disruption, including: weather, fire, floods, natural disasters, theft, IT outage, staff illness and terrorist attacks.
The ISO 22301 management system lets you identify threats relevant to your business and the critical business functions they could impact. It allows you to put plans in place ahead of time to ensure your business doesn’t come to a standstill.
What are the benefits of ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management?
- Identify and manage current and future threats to your business
- Take a proactive approach to minimizing the impact of incidents
- Keep critical functions up and running during times of crises
- Minimize downtime during incidents and improve recovery time
- Demonstrate resilience to customers, suppliers and for tender requests