Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
As an appointed Notified Body, BSI is qualified to offer the full range of PED Quality Assurance Certification or product inspection/surveillance to permit you to affix the CE marking to your pressure equipment. The PED encompasses design verification, material selection, manufacturing/fabrication practices and qualification, product testing, product marking and user instruction compilation.
How do I comply with the PED?
The PED offers manufacturers of pressure equipment 14 different conformity assessment options which permit the pressure equipment manufacturer to demonstrate compliance by variants on Quality Assurance, Direct Inspection or Surveillance of Testing offered by the Notified Body.
Companies already ISO 9000 compliant can take advantage of their current quality systems and use this as a foundation to satisfy the Essential Safety Requirements of the PED. If the manufacturer has not been formally accredited to the ISO 9000 series, BSI can offer Notified Body services under the PED QA approaches.
As an alternative, the PED permits direct Notified Body inspection/surveillance of pressure equipment to demonstrate compliance, for which BSI can offer full inspection services.
BSI can also offer:
- Assistance with technical file preparation
- PED compliant quality system preparation
- Gap analysis visits.
- Welding procedure qualification to ASME IX and/or BS EN ISO 15614 and welder qualification to ASME IX and/or BS EN 287
- Brazing procedure qualification to both ASME IX and BS EN 13134 and brazer qualification to both ASME IX and BS EN 13133
- Particular Material Appraisal approval to Annex 1 section 4.2b
- Specially arranged training courses and seminars
- A complete compliance service on products including design assessment (modules B/B1), from fire extinguishers to major industrial installations.
- An expert and dedicated PED team to support you through every step of the certification process.
- BSI's experience helps you achieve PED compliance with minimal or no interruption to production, inspections/audits and consideration to keeping your costs down.
Why work with BSI?
As a fully participating member of the CB scheme, and approved CBTL (CB Testing Laboratory) we can work with you to achieve CB certification. We can also work with you so you can identify the relevant local standards for your products.
We certify a range of electrotechnical products after they’ve been tested at one of our associated CBTL’s:
- Electronic controls
- Switches and automatic controls for household appliances
- EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) of products
- Household equipment
- Lighting – including luminaires
- Measurement, control and laboratory equipment
- Medical electrical equipment
- IT and office equipment
- Audio visual, information and communication technology