A well-designed quality management system (QMS) must address its risks and opportunities. These may arise from the organization’s significant aspects, compliance obligations or from other issues relating to the organization’s context.
An organization’s system although based on the common ISO 9001 standard may differ from others due to its risks and opportunities. Therefore, understanding risk-based thinking is crucial so that actions required can be integrated into the organization’s processes for them to function as an effective coherent system.
This one-day training course is specially designed to provide in depth knowledge of risk-based thinking. Practical activities are incorporated into this training to translate this concept into structured methodology that will assist organizations to address the strategic development of the system.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Develop a good understanding of the importance of the context of your organization
- Address risk-based thinking and incorporate it into your organization’s system
- Gain a practical approach to developing an QMS in a structured manner
This course is designed for all managers, executives or quality professionals who need to be equipped with a practical understanding of the context of the organization and risk-based thinking, especially if you’re involved in developing the QMS.
This course is also suitable if you’re involved in the certification, maintenance and internal auditing of the QMS in an organization.
You’ll have the knowledge to:
- Determine the context of your organization in planning and implementation of the QMS
- Explain the application of risk-based thinking
You’ll have the skills to:
- Apply risk-based thinking
- Use a structured method in developing an effective QMS relevant to the context of your organization
- Detailed training course notes
- A loan copy of the standard, for use during the course
- Internationally recognized BSI Training Academy certificate
We recommend that you have knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 prior to attending this course.