CQI & IRCA Certified ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Lead Auditor
|Qualification: This course forms part of our Auditor Qualification programme. To find out more, please visit our training auditor qualifications page here.|
In this five day course certified to IRCA* guidelines, our experienced tutors will teach you how to lead, plan, execute and report on an audit of an ISMS in an organization assessing its conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
Tutors on our lead auditor courses will expand on your existing knowledge of the standard and develop your skills and ability to lead a team to conduct audits of an ISMS to the standard.
Through a combination of tutorials, syndicate exercises and role play, you will learn everything you need to know about how an ISMS audit should be run including conducting second and third-party audits.
Prerequisites You should have a good knowledge of ISO 27001:2013 and the key principles of a ISMS. If not, we strongly recommend you attend our ISO 27001:2013 Requirements course. It will also help if you have attended an internal or lead auditor course or have experience with conducting internal or supplier audits.
You will sit a 2 hour exam to test your knowledge and understanding. Detailed course notes and lunch provided. IRCA course reference number: A17287.
This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets training requirements for those seeking registration as a lead auditor under their ISMS scheme.
Who should attend?
This is intended for those who will be involved in leading audits of an ISMS that conforms to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 in any organization.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information security managers
- IT and corporate security managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- Information security consultants
You should already have knowledge how management systems work and in particular, the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (for delegates who do not have these, we recommend attending our one day awareness course)
What will I learn?
- What is the purpose and business benefits of an ISMS, ISMS standards, ISMS audits and third party certification
- What is the role and skills required by an auditor when planning, conducting, reporting and following up on an ISMS audit in accordance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO/IEC 27002:2013, Information technology -- Security techniques -- Code of practice for information security controls, ISO 19011:2011, Guidelines for auditing management systems and where applicable, ISO 17021:2015, Conformity assessment - Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems
How will I benefit?
- Your company will have an internal resource and process to be able to conduct its own audit of its ISMS to assess and improve conformance with ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- You will gain a professional qualification that certifies that you have the knowledge and skills to be able to lead a team to conduct an audit of an ISMS in any organization that satisfies IRCA guidelines
- Successful auditing will improve the protection of any organization’s private data to meet market assurance and corporate governance need
What is included?
- Delegate workbook
- Lunch and refreshments (Applicable for classroom only)
- On completion, you’ll be awarded an IRCA certified training course certificate.
This course is certified by CQI and IRCA (the Chartered Quality Institute and the International Register of Certificated Auditors) and meets the training requirements for CQI and IRCA Quality Management Systems Auditor Certification.
Due to changes announced by CQI and IRCA we must make you aware that:
In order to accurately record the delegates that they are certifying, CQI and IRCA now require that we provide them with your contact details (name, surname and email address).
We have been assured by CQI and IRCA that delegate data will be handled and stored confidentially and securely, and that any marketing communications between CQI and IRCA and you will be limited to the promotion of CQI and IRCA and their qualifications programmes, and that this will be strictly on an opt-in basis.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please do not hesitate to contact the BSI training team on +65 6270 0777.
Discover our ISO/IEC 27001 Qualifications
Our ISO/IEC 27001 auditor qualifications will give you a BSI Mark of Trust, reassuring your customers and suppliers that your skills have been validated. You can achieve Practitioner or Professional status by successfully completing courses, exams and demonstrating practical application.
I'm interested, please send me more information about the course.