Benefits of adoption
Certification to the RSPO Principles and Criteria (Palm Oil Plantations) or the RSPO Supply Chain Certification Standard (Processors, Ingredient Suppliers and Manufacturers) demonstrates your commitment that the standard of production is sustainable with the added benefits of:
- Recognition to a unique sustainability and supply chain integrity program, fulfilling the obligation for all actors in the palm oil production and use to have RSPO certification appropriate to their activities.
- RSPO members make up a large part of the world’s palm oil that is produced and sold in the global market.
- Environmentally and socially responsible buyers willing to pay a premium for responsibly produced products.
- Allowing organisations downstream of your operations to also seek RSPO Supply Chain Certification to pass on the sustainability claim.
- Credibility through the integrity of the RSPO sustainability claim, enabling consumers make informed product choices in an environmentally conscious market.
- Consistent application across raw material supply (plantations) and the supply chain with all actors in the RSPO supply chain held accountable to the same standard.
- Use of the RSPO Trademark as described in the RSPO Rules on Market Communications and Claims Document for business to business, and business to consumer communications.